Cover: As this book is a beautiful compilation of Persian Poetries the cover does justice to it. Beautiful, image chosen with apt colours which is soothing to eyes.
Blurb: The Book has Love, Prayers, Devotion, Joy, and Enigma to the Laments, Qalandariyat, Sin, Exile, and Debauchery of the Persian Qalandars and Mystics. Translations from Sir Richard Francis Burton, Edward Fitzgerald, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, E.H. Whinfield, Dick Davis, Paul E. Losensky, Lt. Col. H. Wilberforce Clarke, Edward Heron-Allen, Alfaham Darabandi, Charles Schefler and several other scholars of the Persian Literature can be found as well.
Expect translated English verses, quatrains, rubai, ghazals, masnawis and qasidehs of Saadi Shirazi,San’ai, Rudaki, Farrukhi Sistani, Mahsati, Baba Taher, Omar Khayyam, Amir Khusrau, Hafez, Jalalud-din Md Rumi, Attar of Nishapur, Abolqasem Ferdowsi, Nezami Ganjavi, Abd’l Rahman Jami, Nasir Khusraw, Saib of Tabriz and several Persian masters and Qalandars – spanning eras, courts, dilapidated wine houses, prisons and millennials compiled into a single Richly-Illustrated Book, from a variety of sources.
What to Expect:
- Expect a book that has a beautiful collection of feelings.
- Expect a book that talks about love, romance, pain, and being distanced.
- Expect a book that gives its readers a platform to recognize, remind and revive their feelings.
- Expect a collection of poems written in rich language that depict warming and intense feelings.
- Expect a book of poems in free-style verse which get into a reader’s mind instantly.
- Expect interesting musings written from the heart and with great honesty. The pointwise paragraphs are a definite read.
Who can read?
This book is for every reader who likes poems with strong words. Anyone who wants to read Persian poetries (translated) can opt for this. The titles of every poem are just fantastic. Some beautiful words and phrases are used to name the lyrics. I do not want to give more spoilers and recommend this book. The editing is crisp which makes the book perfect to read.
How entertaining is the book?
The book is entertaining as the poems are:
– written in a quality language
– follow a free-verse style and prompt focus
– reflect tiny nuances in emotions beautifully
– talk about the intense feelings of a human and life
– attractive with little illustrations and photographs
– rich vocabulary and new English words
Intense and Beautiful Verses in Rhymes and Colour!